Eddie Wren — Chairman of the Board
Eddie has extensive experience in various fields within road safety, over the last 47 years and in four continents. A brief, reverse-order summary is:
- Currently also the President and Chief Instructor of Advanced Drivers of North America (ADoNA), prior to which he was the Vice President & Chief Instructor at Advanced Drivers of America (no ‘North’), the predecessor of the current corporation;
- Expert Witness (California): Maximum safety and best practices in driving techniques;
- Consultant in traffic safety, driver training issues, and the accuracy of driving techniques and driver knowledge content for state drivers’ manuals. As an example, one client for this has been the Washington State Department of Licensing, in relation to a significant update of the WA State Drivers’ Manual;
- A qualified/experienced professional photographer and an expert in using this for traffic safety subjects;
- Overseas Director of SafeDrive Africa (2014 – 2019);
- Chair (Jan. 2011- Feb. 2014) of the Driver Behavior, Education and Training Committee for the International Road Federation [IRF] Road Safety Working Group, Washington D.C.
- A two-term director of the International Road Federation, Washington, D.C. (see above);
- A delegate and/or speaker at many national and international traffic safety conferences, including the United Nations, in both Geneva and the USA.
- Executive Director of Drive and Stay Alive, Inc. [DSA], a 501(c)(3) which concentrated on disseminating accurate safety information to young drivers in North America (2004-2011);
- Managing Director of Advanced Driver Training, Ltd.;
- A civil investigator for crashes and road traffic issues on behalf of lawyers and insurance companies;
- UK police specialist in safety for young drivers and motorcyclists;
- UK police officer, now retired, primarily on highway patrol duties. This included the investigation of countless collisions, including many fatal crashes.
If you need further details regarding Eddie, his full traffic safety resume is here, at the ADoNA website.
John Beecroft — Director (Corporate Relations)
John is now a qualified ‘Gold’ Advanced Driver, through Advanced Drivers of North America [ADoNA], and is one of only a few individuals to achieve this demanding and extremely high safety standard. Originally, he became interested in advanced driving 35 years ago after attending a road safety course conducted by the London borough of Greenwich. Shortly after this, he passed the Institute of Advanced Motorists [ IAM] test which was assessed by a Metropolitan Police class 1 driver. John then spent a year in the UK as an observer for the IAM Southeastern group after further training and assessment from a retired UK class 1 traffic police officer.
He has a Bachelors degree in Electronic and Electrical Engineering, plus a Masters degree in Systems Engineering, both from the University of Surrey.
John has lived in the USA since 1986, in Connecticut, Minnesota, and California.
As a result of his profession in electrical engineering and a deep, long-term interest in driver safety, John is one of the two co-founders of Road Safety USA.